Wesleyan Homes Inc. is looking for a Maintenance Helper Full Time for its Maintenance Department.
Located in beautiful, historic Georgetown Texas, Wesleyan Homes has served Central Texas since 1962. Since then, Wesleyan Homes has built a new generation of facilities while continuing its rich reputation for providing incomparable services to senior adults.
Wesleyan Homes enjoys an excellent reputation for quality care and it is due in part to the dedication, spirit and loyalty of our employees.
We offer exceptional benefits such as 401K and medical.
* One year experience in maintenance type work
* Must be able to read and write English with clarity sufficient to follow instructions, identify materials from their labels and understand their directions for use and be able to make written reports when necessary.
* Must have thorough knowledge of general maintenance such as boiler, heating and air conditioning, electrical, plumbing and some carpentry.
* Valid Drivers License and current liability insurance.
* Stands, stoops, lifts heavy material, bends, pushes, pulls and walks short distances during the work day
* Subject to handling contaminated articles
* Some weekend and holidays required
* Ability to work in all kinds of weather conditions
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Assist supervisor in maintaining the facility and grounds
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
* Assist the supervisor in maintaining the fire alarm and emergency generator system in good working order. May perform tests and drills of alarm system.
* Assist in routine preventive maintenance of all equipment as directed.
* May do carpenter work or painting as assigned.
* Perform grounds maintenance in accordance with directives from supervisor.
* Dispose of trash as instructed.
* Coordinate maintenance work with other departments.
* Arrange furniture and equipment, handle incoming and outgoing freight.
* Perform repairs and maintenance on equipment and supplies, for cleaning in some areas, ordering of supplies and equipment as needed.
* Observe departmental safety standards and regulations.
* Attend, participate in and conduct in-service programs as required.
* Assist with utilization of equipment for cleaning procedures
* Performs cleaning procedures with appropriate chemicals
* Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order
* General cleaning, painting and repair work
* Complete and close work orders on electronic system
* Assist with resident in house moves.
* Use hand tool and power tools as necessary
* Check requested maintenance repairs and beginning and end of shift
* Assist with preparation of special events
* Assist with preparation of room for new occupancy
* Maintain Relias Classes.
* Other duties as assigned
Associated topics: dig, groundskeeper, ice, park, road, rug, surface, sweep, tree pruner, trimmer