The Senior Diesel Mechanic performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI); troubleshoots, repairs, and rebuilds major components on vehicles and agricultural equipment. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and ensures the timely and effective repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
- Performs proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Provides assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics diagnostic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Advises supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed.
- Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related work as required.
- In the absence of supervision may provide maintenance supervisory duties.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must supply own tools
- 5+ years experience as a Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Willing to work overtime and weekends throughout the year
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Knowledge of common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices
- Diesel Certification is a plus
Associated topics: broadband, cable, device, electronic, journeyman, journeyman electrician, meter, relay, transformer, wireman