Responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, calibration, preventative maintenance, and installation of complex analytical and Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS) equipment in and around the refinery process units.
* Performs work in a safe and environmentally conscious manner.
* Follows and enforces all safety, environmental, and emergency rules and regulations.
* Wears appropriate personal protection equipment and safety equipment as required.
* Repairs and maintains a variety of analytical equipment, i.e., CEM's, process analyzers, H2S and LEL point sensors, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and pH meters.
* Takes ownership of assigned field area problems and sees them to completion.
* Ability to read and interpret P&IDs and wiring schematics.
* Uses trend data and other analyzers to determine root cause of abnormal readings.
* Takes initiative to contact outside resources and tech support.
* Plans and lays out work from available drawings, loop sheets, and databases.
* Uses hand/power tools, and specialized measuring and testing equipment.
* Performs the installation of new analytical equipment.
* Maintains maintenance and calibration records on all analyzers.
* Maintains and manages analyzer spare parts inventory, including cylinder gas storage rack.
* Operates heavy equipment (man lift, forklift, truck).
* Supports and provides data logs, maintenance records, and reports, as necessary to HS&E Department.
* Develops, improves, and implements analyzer preventative maintenance plans.
* Provides off-hours and weekend analytical support to the refinery.
* Other duties as assigned.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Minimum five years of experience as an Analyzer or Instrument Technician maintaining equipment in the petrochemical industry required.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 14 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.73 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It's not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it's also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they're truly part of a team.
About the Benicia Refinery
Valero acquired the Benicia Refinery in 2000. Built as a grass-roots project in 1968, this plant has undergone significant modifications and upgrades to become what it is today one of the most complex refineries in the United States. Approximately 70 percent of the refinery's product slate is California Air Resources Board (CARB) gasoline, California's clean-burning fuel. The refinery also has significant asphalt production capabilities and produces 35 percent of the asphalt supply in northern California. Currently, the refinery processes domestic crude from the San Joaquin Valley in California and the Alaska North Slope, along with foreign sour crudes.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Associated topics: breakdown, diagnose, equipment, field service technician, machine maintenance, machine repair, mechanical, millwright, repair, service technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.