- The Kemtah Group
- $34,455.00 -60,400.00/year*
4384 Craighead Rd
A long term contract Facilities Maintenance Technician job located in Allison Park, PA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responding to emergency calls relating to power outages, HVAC equipment, water leaks and other building related issues; performing skilled work in installing, inspecting, repairing, and maintaining, heating, ventilation, plumbing systems and equipment; and to assist in skilled and semi-skilled duties in other maintenance trades as required. To be considered for this role, you will have a High School Diploma or equivalent, five or more years of relevant experience, and you must have reliable transportation and be available for overtime and after hour emergency.
Facilities Maintenance Technician job duties:
* Perform installation, preventive maintenance and repairs on all facilities heating and ventilating equipment. This will include AHU's, RTU's, exhaust fans/systems, cooling towers and chemical feed systems for scale and corrosion controls.
* Perform water treatment for steam and chilled water systems including testing and water samples and adjusting chemical feed rates as required.
* Install piping and pumps related to the HVAC trade that transfer water, oil and chemicals for system water treatment.
* Perform replacement of seals, bearing and motors serving laboratory & production reactors.
* Installation and maintenance of laboratory piping systems including the ability to weld, solder, braze and thread stainless steel, carbon steel, copper and plastics materials
* Perform regular scheduled preventive maintenance on all assigned equipment.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair problems related to building systems including HVAC, plumbing, generator and fire protection systems.
* Assist with conducting performance test on fire protection systems including, fire alarm, sprinklers and fire pump systems.
* Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications. Machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, air compressors, pumps, vacuum pumps, pneumatics, production machines and equipment, fans, blowers, etc. using hand tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Maintenance and repair, disassembly and reassembly, of reactors including replacement of motors, bearings and seals.
* Maintenance and repair of restroom fixtures.
* Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
* Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
* Equipment rigging and operation/use of hoists and chain falls.
* Operate a personal computer and related software and demonstrate proficiency to prepare documents, e-mails and timesheets.
* High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
* A valid motor vehicle driver\"s license issued by the State of Pennsylvania.
* Must have minimum 5 years of experience with work involving the operation and maintenance of all physical plant equipment.
* Knowledge of the operations of all types of HVAC equipment, including combustion control equipment; and knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions required for safe operation of chillers, and boilers and their auxiliaries; and knowledge of the tools, methods and practices used in maintaining facilities equipment.
* Knowledge of the principles of hydraulics and mechanical systems; and skilled in adjusting operating safety controls in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
* Must be able to make mechanical repairs; guide and direct employees of general maintenance work.
* Candidate must have knowledge and ability to perform maintenance and repair work on boilers, air handling units, piping, plumbing, and other HVAC systems.
* Knowledge of the fundamentals of general plumbing and electrical maintenance.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and perform work from work orders, follow basic specifications and document activities.
* Able to communicate in technical terms with department staff and contract service providers.
* Knowledge and the ability to perform associated trade tasks such as plumbing, and general mechanical repair, including pipefitting of low pressure steam, water systems, compressed air and nitrogen systems.
* Experienced in MIG, TIG and Stick welding of stainless steel and steel.
* Ability to design and fabricate device supports and brackets.
* Knowledge of confined space regulatory procedures and the practical knowledge of working in a confined space environment
* Must be capable of obtaining forklift and other material handling equipment operator\"s permits.
* Knowledge of NFPA 70E electrical workplace safety
* Ability to operate a variety of maintenance tools and equipment, such as a genie lift, ladders, power tools, vacuum pump, propane torch, duct lift, hydraulic jack, etc.
* Skill in reading and understanding blueprints, schematic drawings and manuals.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential functions.
* Most work in performed in an industrial environment.
* Exercise and good physical and hand / eye coordination
* Operate a variety of shop equipment and hand tools and skillfully maneuver small objects.
* Seldom sedentary and includes walking or moving, climbing ladders and working at heights; lifting; bending and stooping repeatedly; lift arms above head on continual basis; work in small, cramped and confined areas.
* Move heavy objects over 80 lbs.
* Moderate exposure to dust, grease, noise, inclement weather, temperature extremes, wastewater and unpleasant odors.
* Work weekend when required.
If you are interested in this Facilities Maintenance Technician job in Allison Park, PA, please apply via the \"apply now\" link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated servicesfrom jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Associated topics: crew, floor, groundskeeper, laborer, maintenence, paver, pruner, sod, sweep, trimmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...