Conduct repairs, maintenance, cleaning and installation of machines to ensure continuous production.
- Maintain a safe work environment for all employees. Follow and enforce good safety practices.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Inspect machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards
- General maintenance of building and grounds.
- Requisition tools, equipment and supplies for required operations to Department Supervisor.
- Confers with management and suppliers to resolve maintenance problems and recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment
- Electrical troubleshooting of systems, motors, and controllers; welding (both MIG and TIG); hydraulics and pneumatics; plumbing, vacuum pumps, troubleshooting PLC and frequency drives.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine breakdown, preventive maintenance and other maintenance related reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience required.
Working hours: 3:00 PM - 2:00 AM
- The ability to stand and walk for majority of shift.
- The ability to lift 25 lbs repeatedly.
- The ability to bend, twist, and kneel repeatedly for long period of time.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
Two to Four years of equipment maintenance experience
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electronics
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical safety practices
- Prior Knowledge of food processing equipment helpful.
- Ability to maintain and handle multiple functions/ tasks relating to the day to day operations for Jack Link?s.
- Demonstrated ability to diplomatically communicate needs and recommendations.
- Communication skills that ensure personal credibility and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated proactive style that ensures the completion of projects despite obstacles.
- Actively seek to utilize a ?Collaborative Team Approach? in all situations.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience repairing and maintaining production line equipment in a food production environment.
Associated topics: automotive, diagnose, equipment, machine maintenance, machine repair, maintenance mechanic, malfunction, millwright, service technician, upgrade