PGT Trucking Inc. is looking for experienced Class #8 tractor trailer technicians to work at our facility in Midland PA. Must have one year minimum hands on experience or have graduated from a vocational program focused on repairing vehicles, and have your own basic tools. Ideal candidates will be knowledgeable in performing scheduled preventative maintenance on fleet trucks and trailers. This will include; air brake, ABS, suspension repairs, electrical repairs, and other general repairs. This person will assist others with minor truck and trailer repairs. This position will require some computer entry of information. Possession of a CDL is a plus and will yield additional pay.
PGT is offering full time positions at 40 hours/week + overtime, great insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription and employer matched 401k plan. Hourly wage is based on experiences.
We are growing this operation with a new shop building going in and if you are looking to be a part of something new and great we want to talk with you.
Most important, we operate a clean, safe, fast paced work environment.
Receives repair orders, reviews mechanical difficulties of vehicle, diagnoses nature of problem, and performs necessary repairs.
* Receives repair orders from supervisor and performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with industry and factory standards.
* Diagnoses cause and performs repair of any malfunction.
* Communicates with parts department to obtain required parts.
* Saves and tags parts if the job is under warranty or if requested. Documents work performed.
* Conducts all activity with regard for personal safety, the safety of other personnel, and in accordance with all shop safety policies and practices.
* Examines the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
* Advises shift supervisors immediately if additional work is required, if work outlined is not required, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time requested.
* Road tests vehicles to confirm quality of repair work, when required, or refers to the supervisor as appropriate.
* Monitors and assists with work of apprentice Truck Technicians, as assigned.
* Keeps informed of factory technical bulletins. Attends Company sponsored training sessions. Stays aware of technical developments affecting performance of duties.
* Keeps shop area neat and clean. Stands accountable for all Company owned tools at all times.
* Understands and follows all federal, state, and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes and materials.
Reply to ...@pgttrucking.com or call 724.###.####
Associated topics: breakdown, calibrate, diagnose, field service, machine repair, maintenance, maintenance technician, mechanical, repair, service technician