MSSClearance Level Needed:
Engineering & Support Services
As an Aerostat Operator your duties will be to support to include the Persistent Surveillance System - Tethered (PSS-T) Operators/User-Level Maintainers, sustainment, logistics support, and engineering and integration support for the CBP (Customs Border patrol) in Texas.
PSS-T is a Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) that provides integrated persistent surveillance, detection capabilities, and Full Motion Video (FMV) dissemination to Tactical Operation Centers (TOC). PSS-T integrates different sensors, some of which are located on its airborne aerostat, to detect small arms fires and Counter Improvised Explosive Device (IED) activity near airfields, fixed-base encampments, forward operating locations, and other facilities in support of rapid reaction security forces in the area of operation.
- The Aerostat Operators/User-level maintainers will perform all functions to operate the Persistent Surveillance System - Tethered (PSS-T), an aerostat mounted Intelligence, Surveillance, And Reconnaissance (ISR) platform, its Mobile Mooring Platform (MMP), Sensor Payload (s), communications and navigation systems as well as associated support equipment (Boom Lift, Forklift, ECU's, ATV's, and Electrical Power Generators). User-level maintenance functions include performing user-level maintenance such as Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS), troubleshooting, removing and replacing Line Replaceable Units (LRUs), and removing and replacing payloads.
- Additional responsibilities including performing analyses of system operations.
- Must have knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components.
- Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components.
- Must be capable of routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; reading of electronic circuit schematics; and repairing printed circuit boards.
- Electrical Maintenance with qualification at the 10 series or greater level from Army military occupational specialty MOS 15F/H/J/K/M/N/R/S/T/U/X/Y/, 91E, 94A/E/FG/H/J/L/M/R/S/T series other equivalent military branch equivalent or industry occupational specialties
- IT with qualification at the 10 series or greater level from Army MOS 25B/F or other military branch equivalent or industry occupational specialties as a CISCO Network Administrator
- IT with qualifications at the 10 series level or greater from Army MOS 25L/N or other military branch equivalent or industry occupational specialties as a Network Installation (BICSI or Network + or Comp T Certification); The preferred qualifications for the IT position is certification as CCIE with fiber optic certification
- Mechanical Maintenance with qualifications at the 10 series or greater level from Army MOS 94D/X and 91B/S/W or other military branch equivalent or industry occupational specialties as a National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certified Truck Mechanic or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) General Mechanic 1 or greater
- Past military experience highly desirable.
- U.S. DOD SECRET security clearance is required.
- Candidate must possess a valid US drivers license and US passport.
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance based upon a SSBI completed within the last 5 years. Must be willing to submit to an initial and random polygraph. Keywords
: aerostat, Electrical Maintenance, PGSS, ISR
10 Series/industry equivalent denotes at least two (2) years' experience or greater within the requested labor disciplines. Associate of Applied Science degree in any level one categories will substitute for work experience. At least one (1) year previous aerostat experience may qualify for entry level one experience
Associated topics: administrative, administrative secretary, administrative support, assist, assistant, clerk, front desk, office, office assistant, support