INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the world's largest privately-held companies, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States.
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including COOLMAX? fabric, CORDURA? fabric, STAINMASTER? carpet, and ANTRON? carpet fiber. INVISTA's businesses include Apparel, Intermediates, Performance Solutions, and Performance Technologies. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life. For example, INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
Position Description And Job Expectations:
We are looking for a Multicraft Maintenance Technician at our Seaford, DE plant with responsibilities for ensuring that plant equipment and facilities are kept in good electrical/mechanical repair and working order, enabling a continuous production mode.
Other responsibilities and expectations include:
* Troubleshoot, identify, and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulics systems. * Use electrical test equipment, as needed, for repair and troubleshooting.
* Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment up to 480 volts AC and 500 VDC while wearing all required PPE.
* Troubleshoot programmable logic controllers, electronics boards and instrumentation, both pneumatic and electronic.
* Diagnose problems by interpreting and working from engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and equipment manufacturer's literature.
* Demonstrated commitment to compliance and ability to manage risk in a manufacturing environment.
* Able to communicate and function within a strong team environment.
* Able to work productively with minimal supervision.
* Good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
* Training will be provided by our senior staff members to transfer knowledge and skills on critical equipment.
* Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and on call as needed. * Must be able to work overtime.
* Journeyman Electrician License from the State of Delaware * High School Diploma or GED * Minimum of (3) years of experience maintaining industrial machinery and equipment. * Must be at least 18 years old * To be considered for employment in this position you must be eligible to work in the United States. * Ability to read and interpret machine electrical and mechanical drawings. * Ability to wear all required PPE for the work. This can include wearing arcflash or hot suits for electrical or mechanical work respectively.
* Industrial/Manufacturing journeyman degree or possibly willing to obtain within 18-24 months of employment.
Physical Requirements With Or Without Accommodations
* Climbing and working from ladders to gain access to equipment, structures, and roofs on a weekly basis. * Bending, stooping, climbing, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting on a daily basis. * Lifting may be up to 50 lbs. * Climbing up and down 6 flights of stairs occasionally.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf