Loading some great jobs for you...
HomeServe USA, ranked as a 2017 Top Work Place, provides emergency repair plans which are like roadside assistance for your home. Our vision is to become the top-of-mind solution for consumers when something goes wrong in their home. Our incredible growth is fueled by a dynamic team who values collaboration, innovation and delivering exceptional customer service, all while working in a fun and friendly environment. HomeServe USA is part of a global organization that serves millions of customers in the US, UK, France, Italy and Spain. Come see why you should work for HomeServe USA!
Energy Services Installation Technician: Ensures the proper operation and performance of customers heating/air conditioning and/or refrigerant systems in a residential environment. Identify, repair/replacement needs necessary to maintain equipment and systems; providing necessary information on the proper uses of the equipment; and ensuring adequate materials are available and on-hand to perform all necessary service.
These duties are not meant to be all inclusive, but represent the typical type of work performed by employees in each job classification. The Company reserves the right to add to, modify, or delete the duties and responsibilities shown as it deems appropriate. Employees in each classification will also perform, as required, all duties of lower rated job classifications.
Activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time
Context of activity
Standing is performed during the initial conversation with the customer, and while diagnosing/repairing the HVAC equipment.
Walking is performed from the van to the customer s residence, up and down stairs, back and forth to the van, to obtain necessary equipment parts, to and from the HVAC equipment.
Sitting is performed while driving, completing work orders, and at times, while replacing parts on the HVAC equipment.
Lifting is performed to:
1. Load and unload parts and HVAC equipment, i.e., water heaters, tools, refrigerant, ladders and equipment to and from vehicle to jobsite. . Removing/replacing parts on equipment. Emptying/draining buckets of water removed from systems.
2. Equipment may weigh in excess of 30 lbs.
3. Buckets of water may weigh in excess of 30 lbs. Noteworthy: frequent material handling, including lifting/carrying material in excess of 30 lbs. is an essential function of the job. Material handled may vary in size, shape and weight.
Carrying is performed to:
1. Carry tool bag to the worksite, up and down ladders and back to the van (weighing 25 lbs.)
2. HVAC equipment, i.e., water heaters, parts, refrigerant, fire extinguisher to the worksite to the van (weighing in excess of 40 lbs.)
3. Transporting buckets of water from HVAC equipment to a sink, inside or outside drain (weighing up to 40 lbs.)
4. Transporting ladders from the van to the customer s residence and back to the van (weighing in excess of 40 lbs.)
Noteworthy: frequent material handling, including lifting/carrying material in excess of 30 lbs., is an essential function of the job. Material handled may vary in size, shape and weight.
Climbing is performed while walking up and down stairs, ladders, stepping in and out of the van and the rear of the van.
Stooping is performed while:
1. Servicing HVAC equipment
2. Removing/stocking parts and equipment on van
3. Placing equipment on van shelves.
Kneeling is performed mainly at customer s residences, while servicing HVAC equipment, searching for, stocking and removing parts from van. Technicians may have to maintain a kneeling position for several minutes at one time. May also have to stoop while in a kneeling position.
Crouching is performed mainly at customer s residences, while servicing HVAC equipment and working in confined spaces, i.e., attics, crawl spaces, etc. Technician may have to maintain crouched position for several minutes at one time.
Technician is constantly handling, whether it is tools, equipment, ladders, parts, computer, flashlight, paperwork, or steering wheel.
Reaching at torso level
1. While troubleshooting HVAC equipment, replacing parts and checking appliance safeties
In return we offer
HomeServe is an equal opportunity employer
Loading some great jobs for you...