Engineer, Tech Services - HVAC & Humidity Control (Allison Park)
Compensation: $95,040.00 - $138,910.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier, healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then you d fit in great with us!
The HGC Technical Services Engineer - HVAC & Humidity Control provides technical support services for Hawthorne environmental control and lighting products used in commercial greenhouses and indoor grow facilities.
The person will focus primarily, but not exclusively on HVAC, Air Flow Management and Dehumidification products including Quest, CultivAir, Hurricane, Schaefer and Can-Fan equipment that regulate heating, cooling, dehumidification and air circulation. The engineer will provide direct technical support to HGC sales managers, distributors and growers. The person will develop relevant technical information, including sales literature and presentations tailored to the end user that help drive sales. Expert technical support will be provided remotely or on-site as needed to ensure proper operation and performance of our products after installation. The engineer will troubleshoot any operational issues with urgency by working with customers and contractors as needed to ensure complete customer satisfaction. The person will also interact with internal or external designers or engineers to help win business based on solid controlled environment plans and proposals that exceed customer expectations and competitive proposals.
The engineer will be instrumental in identifying and driving opportunities for innovative, new environmental control products and improvements to help drive our business because of their expertise and regular interaction with customers and competitors.Key Worked Performed
- Sales Support Provide direct technical support to HGC sales managers, distributors and growers. Develop relevant sales literature and presentations tailored to the end user to help drive the business.
- Customer HVAC Operation & Performance. Ensure the performance and operation of our HVAC, Air Flow or Dehumidification products after customer installation. Provide responsive troubleshooting remotely and on-site as needed that exceeds customer expectations.
- Customer HVAC/Air Flow /Dehumidification Designs & Proposals. Collaborate and provide insights to our internal designers to deliver best-in-class CE proposals and services that exceed customer expectations, as well as the competition to help drive our business. Present design proposals to customers when necessary.
- Technical Liaison. Serve as a technical liaison to R&D and Marketing to help drive new products, improvements, new uses and new services. Proactively communicate and drive opportunities and recommended solutions to commercialization.
- Environmental Control Products. Provide technical support remotely and on-site as needed to ensure the performance and operation of all our environmental control products (lighting, fans, filters, etc.) at grower sites.
A. Education: Minimum B.S. degree in a relevant engineering field such as agricultural, electrical, electronics, and mechanical engineering and similar disciplines.
B. Experience: Person should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with HVAC and air flow management, their use and operation, preferably in an agricultural or horticultural setting such as greenhouses and indoor growing facilities.
C. Knowledge: Person must have a strong working knowledge of HVAC systems, dehumidification, air flow and odor mitigation systems, electrical requirements, circuits, horticultural lighting & lighting designs and associated controllers necessary to drive these systems.
- Knowledge of Environmental Control (CE) for the culture of indoor or greenhouse crops.
- An appreciation of grower practices in greenhouses, hydroponic, or controlled environments.
- Strong appreciation for the responsibilities of sales associates and distributors to help ensure success.
D. Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to travel 50-70% of the time
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with HVAC, Air Flow, dehumidification and other environmental control products used in commercial horticulture growing facilities.
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to listen effectively and respond clearly. Must be able to communicate with a wide range of audiences customers, contractors, sales, management and researchers.
- Strong computer, phone, app and related technology skills to connect with customers and stakeholders efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to understand and use CAD programs such as SolidWorks is highly desirable.
- Must prepare clear and concise reports and detailed records.
- Ability to work independently, develop and implement work schedules and collaborate with others in a team approach.
- Adapt to interruptions, changes, and ambiguity without losing efficiency or composure, ability to establish and maintain a balance between job and personal life / family. Maintain trust and respect for others, sound judgement in all decisions, appropriate sensitivity to the feelings of others.
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it s like to work at Hawthorne Gardening Company by accessing our Talent Network: HGC Talent Network
The Hawthorne Gardening Company is a start-up company focused on hydroponic gardening. Dedicated to creating high quality products founded in social and environmental responsibility. Backed by the largest lawn and garden company in the U.S. (Scotts Miracle-Gro, NYSE: SMG) we bring new ideas, values, and culture to our endeavors without the constraints of a large corporation. We are an energetic, progressive-minded, sustainability-focused group of highly-motivated individuals, eager to share our love of gardening with the world.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Sunlight Supply, General Hydroponics, General Organics, Vermicrop, Botanicare, AeroGarden, CanFilters and Gavita Lighting.
Hawthorne Gardening Company is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Hawthorne Gardening Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Hawthorne Gardening Company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Associated topics: air conditioning, cooling, duct, ductwork, hvac, hvac mechanic, hvacr, mechanical, refrigeration, ventilation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...