Work as a liaison between field personnel and shop leadership to assist in required maintenance. The MCA collects, records, organizes and provides all information to shop leadership who will decide how to manage the repair or maintenance. This is an hourly, non exempt position that will work under both direct and indirect supervision.
* Safely perform all essential functions.
* Maintain safe and organized work area.
* Effectively communicate with field personnel and supervisors including:
Receive maintenance issue from field
Communicate with field to acknowledge receipt of issue
Relay necessary information to Shop Superintendent or Leader. Include additional equipment on site that may need repair or maintenance.
Maintain communication with field as process progresses (provide estimated repair dates / time, delays, etc.)
Verify repair(s) have been completed, notify field that repair is done and any further action will require another maintenance request.
* Maintain computerized preventative maintenance system through Viewpoint and HCSS (The Dispatcher) software systems.
* Data entry and maintain historical files on equipment maintenance work orders/equipment profiles as directed by leadership.
* Produce computerized reports as needed and directed by leadership.
* Professionally answer telephones and company radios. Record and distribute all messages.
* Consistently work on personal growth plan.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasional Sundays.
* Order, receive, stock and pull inventoried parts as needed.
* Occasionally manage large inventory and perform thorough quarterly inventory counts.
* Occasionally act as a substitute leader for the shop.
* Occasionally assist technicians when needed and perform light and minor maintenance repairs unsupervised.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Equipment used in the construction industry
* Inventory systems (preferred)
* Mechanical concepts (preferred)
* Basic Computer Skills
* MS Office computer programs
* Maintenance and dispatching software programs (preferred)
* Learn and follow GOH policies and procedures
* Take and follow instructions
* Answer phones. Collect, organize and distribute emails
* Work with others in a team environment
* Communicate effectively with superiors and other employees
* Provide potential solutions for issues to shop leadership
* Work under direct supervision
* Type 25 words per minute
* Must have excellent interpersonal verbal and written skills, with solid organizational and time management skills.
* Must be familiar with on road vehicles and construction equipment and be able to perform light/minor repairs.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Prefer degree or certification in logistics or equipment maintenance from an accredited vocational or technical school.
* Prefer previous experience working with computers.
* Prefer previous leadership experience.
* Prefer minor maintenance experience/mechanical aptitude.
* Experience in logistics / dispatching, equipment maintenance a plus.
* Ability to successfully manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
* Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to bend, stoop and kneel to perform filing.
* Ability to clime up and down ladders to access inventory parts.
* Ability to lift equipment and parts overhead.
* Required to talk and hear in conversations with customers.
* Frequently required to use / operate basic office equipment such as phones, computer, file cabinets, copier, etc.
* Frequently required to use fingers / hands to type and file.
* Must be able to see and read PC screens, read normal type size print.
Associated topics: automotive, diagnose, field service, field service technician, machine maintenance, maintenance, mechanical, repair, service technician, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.