DIESEL MECHANICADVANCED LEVEL
Our First Student facility in Indianapolis, IN
needs a reliable Advanced-Level Diesel Mechanic with 5+ years of hands-on diesel and/or gas engine experience. Our advanced-level mechanics will concentrate on engine diagnostics and repair, along with other related assigned duties within qualification level. Advanced-level Diesel Mechanics must be properly certified and licensed as well as have the experience necessary to provide our customers with optimal service. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.Advanced-Level Diesel Mechanic Job Duties Include:
Advanced-Level Diesel Mechanic Job Qualifications:
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts.
- Identify and report potentially dangerous equipment and additional repairs needed.
- Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area.
- Perform Service Calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Diesel Mechanic Required License/Certifications:
- A minimum of 5+ years hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of diesel/gas engines.
- Ability to perform inspections/diagnostics without supervision.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening.
- Must have own set of basic tools.
- Computer proficiency.
What we offer:
- Valid Drivers License, Class B CDL (preferred; but not required)
- ASE Certification(s) (preferred; but not required)
- Competitive pay (+ ASE certification incentive programs)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Boot Allowance
- Paid Training (Class B CDL & ASE Certifications)
At First Student, associates are offered the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals like you to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why First Student, should be your FIRST choice.