Maintenance Mechanic, HVAC
Compensation: $31,010.00 - $39,650.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
Loading some great jobs for you...
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
Full Time Maintenance Mechanic position. We are INSPIRED TO SERVE! Come join us!
Covenant Living at Windsor Park, part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities, is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic, Skilled HVAC. This position will be responsible for providing highly skilled HVAC maintenance services to keep the facility buildings, grounds, and equipment in good repair. In so doing, significant contributions are made to the safety, well-being and comfort of residents and employees.In this role, theMaintenance Mechanic, Skilled HVACwill:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Perform preventative maintenance, operate, maintain and repair HVAC equipment such as boilers, chillers, pumps, campus split systems, mini-splits, ptacs, air handler units and cooling towers.
- Ensure that all equipment is working properly and in compliance with established departmental service and maintenance standards.
- Read and interpret data from a computerized HVAC/energy management system, charts, gauges, dials, thermostats; makes adjustments or repairs to appropriate equipment and instruments.
- Repair and install HVAC electrical and pneumatic components such as motors, compressors and heat pumps.
- Complete assigned work requests and assigned preventative maintenance work orders as assigned by supervisor such as, but not limited to auto/small engine mechanics, carpentry, appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, emergency generators, low voltage applications, swimming pools, fire alarms, valves, fixtures, locks in accordance with Covenant Living procedures and industry acceptable standards.
- Prolonged standing, walking, bending and stooping; lifting and carrying heavy objects on level surfaces and/or stairways, on ladders and on scaffolding up to 20 high.
- Inspect facilities, systems and their components for the purpose of ensuring safety and cleanliness, and identifying necessary repairs.
- Use a variety of hand tools and small power tools and other power tools.
- Maintain tools and/or equipment for ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Require general labor and responsibility for event set-ups, deliveries and moves.
- Basic understanding and care of building systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot building and equipment issues as they arise.
- Willingness to learn and expand trade knowledge of maintenance and facilities.
- Availability to be included in the on-call schedule.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- High school education or equivalent required.
- HVAC Certification.
- Other vocational or a technical school certificate.
- Valid Drivers License in the State and good driving record.
- Five years of experience required.
- Ability to use electronic Facilities Management work order system.
- Advanced skill in a multitude of the following areas: auto/small engine mechanics, carpentry, appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, emergency generators, low voltage applications, swimming pools, fire alarms, valves, fixtures, alarms, locks.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and ability to work independently to complete assignments in required time. An ability to recognize problems and implement the appropriate solution.
- Able to create and maintain inventory and part supplies.
- Work requires physical effort and manual dexterity. Must be able to lift 70 pounds.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written in English and the ability to interact with residents and staff in a pleasant manner.
- Interest in and desire to work with older adults.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Associated topics: air filter, environmental, fuel, heat, hvac r, insulation, thermograph, thermographer, vent, ventilation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...