Environmental Svcs Tech
Compensation: $65,335.00 - $121,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
PRN, 1st Shift, Saint Joseph Hospital
Job Summary / Purpose
Follow the standard work procedures of the CHI National Environmental Services Program completing duties in the hospital to ensure a clean, safe and aseptic environment. The role of Environmental Services Tech displays a positive image by demonstrating good communication skills, courteous, and professional behavior towards all customers including subordinate staff, patients, physicians, visitors, volunteers, vendors, contractors, co-workers, and other employees.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Maintains strict confidentiality of information gained in the process of day to day work. This includes HIPPA compliance as well as following the corporate compliance guidelines.
2. Demonstrates a strong sense of team and the ability to cooperate and work with others. This includes strict adherence to the Standards of Conduct policy.
3. Follows infection prevention practices including the regulations, recommendations, and standards of regulatory agencies, and safety practices while completing the CHI National EVS Standard Work.
4. Safe Handling/Disposal/Packaging for Transport of Pharmaceutical Waste/Hazardous Materials/Bio-Hazardous Regulated Medical Waste. 1.) Completes the Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA) and Hazardous Waste education during new employee orientation and annually. 2.) is knowledgeable of the process for identifying the proper waste stream and uses the appropriate container to dispose of waste. 3.) Responds to a release of hazardous chemicals or hazardous pharmaceuticals (P-listed waste) utilizing the facility hazardous waste contingency plan. 4.) Knowledgeable regarding the process to contact the emergency response coordinator for hazardous waste/pharmaceutical release/spill clean-up.
5. EVS Tech Position's standard work routine cleaning procedures include but are not limited to: (solid waste collection and disposal including proper waste segregation, linen distribution and collection, high dusting, changing light bulbs, cleaning light lenses, changing cubicle curtains, cleaning windows and blinds, low level surface disinfection, restroom cleaning, stocking restroom and hand hygiene products, cleaning walls and partitions, hard surface and carpeted floor care, standard precaution discharge room cleaning, moving furniture, emptying trash cans, emptying linen receptacles, emptying recycling containers, packaging and transport of regulated waste containers, perform isolation cleaning procedures as applicable, perform terminal cleaning procedures as applicable, perform restricted area and invasive procedure area cleaning as applicable, cleaning blood and body fluids from surfaces and floors, utilizing cleaning chemicals according to the manufacturer label and/or EPA guidelines, performing non-routine floor care and cleaning duties (Floor refinishing, Shampooing, Steam Cleaning).
6. Other duties as assigned by management.
High School or GED preferred
CHI Saint Joseph Health is seeking dedicated employees to join our teams! Help us make a difference in peoples' lives.
To learn more about this role and our CALL TO SERVE, please contact Casey at ...@sjhlex.org.
* Requisition ID: 2019-R0269555
* Schedule: Per Diem
* Shift: Day Job
* Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Associated topics: agriculture, air, climate, conservation, ecology, ecological, environmental, environmental science, epa, waste
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...