Service Technician (BMW)
Compensation: $42,160.00 - $68,070.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Who We Are:
Established in 1969, BMW of Brooklyn is one of the oldest family-owned BMW Centers in the United States. Serving as Brooklyn's only Authorized BMW Center; BMW of Brooklyn takes pride in upholding the highest standards of customer service.
Top-notch work is expected from every team member and hard work is rewarded duly. Providing exceptional service to our clients is our first priority and we work together as a team to ensure that everyone shares in the team's successes.
What We Offer: * Competitive Compensation
* Medical, Dental and Vision * Life Insurance, 401k
* Employee Gym What You Will Do:
* Continuously develop product and sales business acumen to become fluent on all things BMW.
Know the ins and the outs of product offerings, optional packages, and the latest technologies
* Receive and carry out Repair Orders as dispatched
* Perform diagnostic services and troubleshoot to determine repair needs
* Provide labor, time, and parts estimates for repair services
* Perform high-quality and efficient repair services for various automotive systems, including engine, steering, suspension, brakes, and air conditioning in accordance with Center and Factory standards.
* Perform Quality Control checks for repaired vehicles to ensure repairs are complete
* Complete all required paperwork and documentation for repair services
* Maintain an organized and clean workspace; account for dealership and personal tools at all times
* Communicate directly and efficiently with Service Advisors and Parts Department team members
* Participate in continual BMW proprietary training/education programs to hone skills and develop expertise in industry-leading BMW automotive technologies and processes
* Bring your 'A game' along with a positive attitude to work with you every single day
Who You Are: * Available to work Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM and some Saturdays
* Clean driving record and valid driver's license
* Great mechanical, electrical skills, and computing skills.
* 18 years of age or older. * Experience in an independent shop a plus
* Previous European automotive technician experience preferred
* ASE certifications preferred but not required
* BMW Certification Levels 1, 2, 3 or 4 a plus, but not required
* BMW/MINI factory training and experience a plus, but not required
* High school diploma or equivalent. * All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
* All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
* Comfortable with technology and learning new software
* Self-starter with an ambitious and outgoing spirit
* Enthusiastic about learning the BMW product line
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients and team members
* Strong attention to details while multi-tasking in your daily work
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
* Reliable while working efficiently with daily tasks
* Know how to think quickly react to ambiguity
* Ability to perform as part of a larger team and work autonomously to schedule and prioritize your work
* Take initiative to regularly assess your own performance and adapt your work to achieve better results
* You are inquisitive with an eagerness to learn, improve and grow
* You believe in what you do, feel a vested interest in the company's success
Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position.
Generally, work is performed Monday through Saturday with Sundays and one other day off during the week.
Some Saturdays will be required. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability statusHireology . Keywords: Customer Service Representative, Location: Brooklyn, NY - 11220
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...