15F Aircraft Electrician
- Army National Guard
- $48,830.00 - 72,490.00 / Year *
- 1203 E 8th St
- Tulsa, OK 74120
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
15F Aircraft Electrician
Job ID: 1057416
Job Views: 11
Location: TULSA, Oklahoma, United States
ZIP Code: 74158
Job Category: Aviation
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
If you enjoy working with electrical and electronic equipment and problem-solving, join the Army National Guard as an Aircraft Electrician. You will inspect, service, and repair electrical systems on Army aircraft, ranging from airplanes to helicopters to ensure that they remain operational and safe for any mission.
* Diagnose malfunctions in electrical and electronic components
* Maintain electrical/electronic elements of assemblies nickel-cadmium batteries
* Use and maintain common/special tools
* Maintain facilities for storage of flammable and hazardous materials
* Prepare requests for turn-ins and repair parts
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Electrical theory and system maintenance
* Troubleshooting procedures
* Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
* Ability to use hand and power tools
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Soldiers in the Aircraft Electrician specialty consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, plus 19 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. During this time, you will learn essential Soldiering skills and refine your Aircraft Electrician abilities in the field and the classroom.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Associated topics: ayudante de electricista, capacitor, electric, electrical, electrician, harness, satellite, voltage, wire, wiring