Maintenance A- Hudson, NY
Compensation: $37,650.00 - $68,070.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
Maintenance A- Hudson, NYDepartment/Function
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we re one of the world s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com
. Maintenance A Hudson, NY Position Summary:
The Mechanic works as part of the maintenance team to support plant wide maintenance activities and ensure equipment availability and proper functioning. The Mechanic must be knowledgeable of and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP s) and all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP s). 24/7 support of the plant is required when needed.
Mechanics are required to work closely with operators and management to provide good customer service. Must be able to climb stairs, perform some heavy lifting, sit or stand for long periods, work at heights, bending, kneeling, and be able to be respirator qualified. Must be able to work in all environmental conditions, including temperature extremes, and dusty environment. Perform safe troubleshooting, installation, routine maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment (pumps, motors, fans, gearboxes, etc.). Must be willing to work shift work and overtime as required.Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills (internet, e-mail, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of rotating equipment components, shafts and shaft alignment
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic or pneumatic components/systems
- Basic knowledge of metal cutting, grinding, welding
- Basic knowledge of safe rigging practices
- Basic knowledge of test, measurement, and hand tools utilized in the mechanical repair and maintenance fields
- Demonstrate basic machine repair and rebuilding.
- Be able to work at heights greater than 150 and in harsh outdoor environments.
- Work in confined spaces and work with heights
- Promotes the ADM Way and Core Values
- Able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must have a demonstrated history of safe work behavior and a sincere desire to follow and improve upon safety policies and procedures
- Training in and/or knowledge of key safety program components, including Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Space, Hot Work, Behavioral Safety, etc.
- Experience with electrical work, including machine lock out and components
- Experience in boiler operation work
- Experience in welding and fabrication
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen/medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.City
NY - New York Ref IDEEO
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
Associated topics: crew, field, garden, landscaping, mower, paver, road, street, sweep, tree
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...