Amgen is seeking a Maintenance Technician at its West Greenwich, RI campus to join the Facilities & Engineering Utilities Maintenance organization. The position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, testing, and documentation/logs of a wide variety of HVAC, utility, and facility equipment used in manufacturing, utility plants, analytical labs, and office areas in addition to completing various quality system and safety documentation. All work to be completed in a safe and timely manner according to planning and pre-defined schedules while aligning with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Amgen regulations.
The Facility & Engineering Utilities Maintenance department is a highly skilled work force delivering responsive, high quality, cost effective service. We build an ambitious advantage for the organization's core business through engineering, maintenance, and right the first-time execution.Responsibilities:
- Perform operations, maintenance, and trouble-shooting of site HVAC & Utility equipment
- Interact with peers and clients in manufacturing, maintenance, utility plant, analytical labs and contracted services
- Understand and follow all Energy Control / LOTO procedures and able to execute LOTO of utility systems and equipment
- Read and understand equipment drawings, schematics, and technical manuals
- Possess an understanding of process control systems related to site utilities
- Performs other duties assigned
- Associate's degree and 2 years of Maintenance experience
- 2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience
- High school diploma / GED and 4 years of Maintenance experience
- 2 plus years in an FDA (GMP) or similar regulated environment
- Experience with installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and testing of HVAC, laboratory and utilities equipment
- Intermediate knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic fundamentals as well as intermediate skills in the use of power and hand tools in the building trades such as carpentry, plumbing, and electrical
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer and typing skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering creative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the
complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: athletic, backfill, building maintenance, fertilizer, field, floor, groundskeeper, hardscaper, maintenance, rug
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...