Accurate Personnel is assisting our client with the recruiting & screening of qualified **Diesel/Heavy Duty Journeyman Mechanic** candidates. The selected candidate will be employed directly by our client (direct-hire).
* Our client is in the construction industry, so Mechanics must be experienced diagnosing & repairing heavy-duty equipment as well as straight trucks.
* All of our Mechanics must have a CDL-A with airbrake endorsement. If you don't currently have that, you must be willing to train and obtain it after hire. The company will help with this process.
* This is a Union shop. You don't need to come from a previous Journeyman position, but you need to be at the skill level of a Journeyman mechanic.
* This is a 2nd shift position: Mon-Fri, 1: 30 pm - 10: 30 pm
* Repair and/or replacement of major components including transmissions, differentials, air, electric and hydraulic brake systems, power assist units, steering and suspension assemblies. Experience servicing overhead bucket trucks is ideal, but not required, if there is sufficient experience in hydraulics.
* Working and repair knowledge of International straight trucks and Ford Super- Duty Trucks (F-250-550)
* Operational knowledge of electric, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
* Perform other job related duties and responsibilities in support of primary duties.
* Commercial Driver s License (class A\" w/air brake endorsement) required.
* Aerial and directional drill experience is a plus.
* High School diploma required. Associate s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
* Must be able to comprehend and communicate information that is technical in nature.
* Effective analytical and problem solving skills with great ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
* Well organized, team player, professional and energetic.
Associated topics: alarm, circuit, device, electrician, electricista, journeyman electrician, meter, relay, transformer, wireman